Sunday, October 3, 2010

GUARDIAN ANGELS

Yesterday, October 2nd was the Feast of the Guardian Angels. Do you remember the prayer you said to your guardian angel when you were a child? Do you still pray that prayer today? I was telling my students how God truly loves us to assign a guardian angel to each of us. I have the children say the guardian angel prayer at the end of each school day.
Kathy Sherman, CSJ wrote a song entitled, "Have You Ever Thanked the Angels in your Life." The song is about all those who have touched our lives by praying for us, loving us, protecting us, etc. It tells us to be grateful for and remember them in our hearts.
God does send angels to us in many different ways and circumstances. Think of someone who just happened to be there to help you at a particular moment in your life. Remember the person or persons who shared your joys and sorrows. Recall those who have mentored or guided you. I am confident that you can come up with more angels than you ever thought of before.
I still pray to my guardian angel and I thank God for all the angels in my life.

1 comment:

  1. amen...amen.....Am thankful for the many angels in my life!

    ReplyDelete