Sunday, January 23, 2011

GRACED MEMORIES

Since Kelly's entrance last week I have been recalling my journey through formation. I found the entrance ceremony and remembered the events that led to my entering community. I next looked at my entrance into the Novitiate. I remember how unsure I was that I was ready for this next step. It was held at the Motherhouse on 8th and Liberty. I was soooo nervous. It was a time of learning the history of our congregation, its documents, and vows. It was a time of discovery of who I was in all this and how I wanted to serve God and the "dear neighbor". Then I recalled making vows for the first time. It was held at our Community Living Center. Each year after that I renewed my vows in a simple ceremony at the different houses in which I lived. Finally, I looked at my Profession ceremony. It was such a joyous occasion! Family, friends, and community members were all present. The music, the liturgy, the celebration was more than I could have hoped for.
My invitation and program covers held an image of two people dancing with the words, "My spirit dances with God who loves me." This line came from a magnificat I had written before I entered. God and I continue to dance. Sometimes, we are in-sync. Sometimes, I am out of step. Other times I try to lead and I stumble. However, throughout the dance, God always continues to hold my hand. God and I have been dancing for eighteen years. March 1st will mark my nineteenth year in community. I want the dance to go on forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment