Friday, June 29, 2012

A VIABLE LIFE

March 1, 2012 marked my twentieth anniversary in community.  I spent the night before and all that day at the CSJ Motherhouse in Baden, PA. 
During that time I reflected on my life in community so far.  I wrote a theological reflection of my journey using Moses and the Israelites as my scriptural reference.  I expressed my joy and excitement of reaching this milestone in a letter I wrote to our foundress, Mother St. John Fontbonne; and I wrote my own version of St. Augustine's Late Have I Loved you.
As I continue to reflect on these twenty years, I remember that feeling of total peace when I finally made the decision to enter a religious community.  I recall how everything in my life fell into place and how natural it felt to enter.  I have made many important decisions in my life, however I have never been so sure of anything as I am about being a Sister of St. Joseph. 
All this reflecting leads me to say that although I know I could have continued being an accounting clerk and still live a good life, or I could have gone into teaching (which is what I do now) without becoming an SSJ, and knowing what other ministries our sisters are active in, I am sure that religious life is a viable life for any woman willing to follow Christ as a woman religious. 
As vocation director, I pray constantly for women to recognize God's call and to be open to respond to that call.  If you think you have a vocation to religious life, contact me at s.lfusco@ssjerie.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment