Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gaudete Sunday. The readings talk about rejoicing. "Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice! (Phil 4) We can get so overwhelmed by the bad things we hear in the news, or the things in our own lives. Yet, there is so much to rejoice about. We do not have to look for exciting, big, or miraculous events to rejoice about. We can rejoice even in the simple, everyday miracles in our lives. For example: a baby's first seps; a smile; a phone call from a loved one far away; someone to help you when you lock yourself out of the house; or sometimes just a moment to be quiet.
At our school's Christmas Fair last Friday, one of my fourth grade students bought a ceramic plate. He found all his classmates and had them sign it. Then, he gave it to me. I was so touched his gift! I rejoiced and gave thanks to God for the ministry of teaching and for my students.
I could go on and on with examples and reasons for rejoicing, but I think you can come up with a few of your own. Look for the small miracles in your life this week, and rejoice in the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder Sister! Today I will look for the things in my life that warrant rejoicing! Great start with your Blog........keep on bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete