Sunday, January 24, 2010

Connections

One of our sisters gave me this quote today, "Connect with God first so you can connect with others." Prayer is an important part in the lives of women religious. Each sister spends time in quiet prayer, or reflection, or contemplation, or meditation, as well as communal prayer. This quiet time alone with God is what strengthens, consoles, empowers, and brings joy to go out and minister to others. This connecting with God first helps each sister to be and do what God desires of her in her ministry.

My quiet time is Sunday morning. With school and other commitments, I can easily fall asleep if I try to sit still on weekday evenings. Prayer, reflection, journaling, spiritual reading, and listening to spiritual music gifts me with the graces I need to be a good educator, a good Sister of Saint Joseph, a good member of my community, a good member of my family, and a good friend. I know without a doubt the importance of prayer in my life. I need to connect with God first at the beginning of the week to bring Christ to others. This connection with God reminds me who I am and why I do what I do.
How about you? Share with me, if you will, about your quiet time. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment