Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter Grace

I have survived a week of snow! Winter is not my favorite season of the year. Every day I scraped the ice off my windows, brushed the snow off the car each morning and after school, and I drove to and from school on sometimes slippery roads. One of our drivers kindly helped me shovel my car out one morning. Finally, we have had two days with no snow and ice. I don't know about you, but I needed a break.
The sunshine and crisp air was energizing on Saturday and I delighted in the blue skies. On Sunday as I drove down I79, I was in awe by the beauty of the frozen snow on the trees down by Edinboro. I could not help but be reminded of the "Grandeur of God" by Gerard Manley Hopkins. How could the snow that I dread each day during winter be so beautiful? Only in God and by His grace can I see the glorious winter scene from my car window. I am grateful for moments like these when I can still feel alive in the midst of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment