Sunday, April 11, 2010

FASTING TO FEASTING

As I read the readings of the resurrection appearances this past week, I felt full of joy and resurrection within my own being. I was thinking how wonderful this is after weeks of fasting during Lent. There is so much to feast on.

First of all I am aware of how we can feast on God's love. We have just celebrated that God gave us Christ, his only Son so that we can be saved. We can feast that God is merciful, forgiving, and kind. Feast on all the good things that God has given you, such as, family, friends, community, life, love.

We have had some beautiful weather during these past two weeks. We have been feasting on the blue skies and sunshine, green grass, trees budding. The yellow forsythia is always a favorite of mine. I have been feasting on the sight of the different finches at my bird feeders. The geese are honking, the turkeys are gobbling, and the squirrels are playing. Spring is here!

Feast on who you are, on all that God has called you to be. God has given you so much to feast on. Everyday you can find a feast! Just open your eyes and your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment