Saturday, March 5, 2011

MAGNIFICAT

This past Tuesday, March 1st, was the nineteenth anniversary of my entrance into community. Each year, when this date comes around, I can't help feeling a sense of awe that God has called me to religious life. I say a prayer of thanksgiving and reflect on my life as a Sister of Saint Joseph of Northwestern Pennsylvania. Last year I wrote a Magnificat and I have been praying it ever since. I want to share it with you. The only change I made is the number of years.
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord
And my spirit rejoices for the past nineteen years.
For God who has called me to religious life has blessed me.
Trustworthy is His name.
You have gifted me with courage to risk
You've graced me with perseverance and hope.
When I was down and desperate for help
you held me tightly.
You nourished my soul.
You have given me companions on the journey
Who guide me, strengthen me, and teach me.
They pray and listen, love and challenge me to grow.
For these I give thanks.
You have given me a vision for my life.
You've deepened a charism in me.
Drawing me closer to you has drawn me to long for
and love you more.
I am your delight!
From now on your love will chase after me
everyday of my life,
And I will know your love and fidelity
as you promised to me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment