Sunday, August 29, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL

Wow! It is hard to believe that I have been home only nine days. Retreat already seems like a long time ago. Thank God I have my journal to remind me of the many graces and how truly blessed I am.
This past week I have been to two inservices, one faculty retreat, and spent two days and half of Saturday getting my classroom ready. Yes, it is time to go back to school. I don't understand why we just don't wait until after Labor Day. Winter is sooooo long in Erie that it would be nice to have that extra time to be outdoors.
For my last free day (well most of it was free) I spent a couple of hours on the beach at Presque Isle. I was happy to be in the sunshine and watch children playing in the sand or in the water. It was very relaxing to listen to the gentle lapping of the water against the shore in comparison to the roaring waves of the ocean. It was always high tide in the afternoon while I was on retreat. I watched, read, and slept.
School begins tomorrow and I look forward to meeting my new students. At the Parent Information Night I told the parents not to worry if their child comes home looking wild-eyed as fourth grade is a huge transition. They really are not fourth graders until after Christmas. So, summer fun ends and its back to lesson plans and correcting papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment